Had an increase in height to an age of 12, now its not happening whats the reason, and what are the remedies ?

Hi Im 15 years old right now. When I was 12 I was very tall for that age From the next year onwards my height stopped increasing I tried some exercises but it didnt worked much Now I m among the short ones At 12 years of age, I was 5 feet 3 inches now I m just 5 feet 5 inches I m 15 but my body seems to be mature. I mean I have a full grown beard moustache and grown reproductive parts I do take very nutritious food and do exercise My father is 6 feet n mother 5.5 feet What is the problem with me???
Asked On : Fri, 18 Nov 2011
Hi young one,
You have 6 more years to go before you stop growing in height.I suggest you do tadassan[a form of yoga] to help you grow.Eat a well balanced diet and DO NOT DO WEIGHT LIFTING now---this will stunt your growth.Try pullups and cycling---this also helps in linear growth.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.Don't loose heart as there are couple of years more for you to gain height.Keep doing regular exercises and take proper nutrition.For consolation you can even consult an endocrinologist,who may investigate you lest you may have some hormonal deficiency.Thanks and good luck.