Had an esophageal varices ligation, throat feel stuck, pain and discomfort. Worry?

I had an esophageal varices ligation (3 separate ligations) at 1:30 pm 4 hours after being discharged I proceeded to eat, I eat Chichen soup with small potatoes and carrots very soft and fully cooked, then I had something stuck in the middle of my chest it didn t choke me but it caused a great deal of discomfort I never felt it was swallowed completely, I finished eating just the soup no veggies, however I have been feeling a sharp needle type pain from moderate to strong lasting 10 to 20 seconds and concurrently feel like if something was stuck in the right side of my throat , this happens when I either drink a liquid or do a sudden upper body move is this normal after this procedure the GI doctor said that I will have chest discomfort or even some pain. Is this a case to worry or what should I do
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012