Had an emergency laparoscopic appendix removal. Had diarrhea. Worse condition.Help

I had an emergency laparoscopic appendix removal 3 weeks ago and recovery was going very smoothly until the third week when I decided to stop taking co-codomol. I got diarrhea as i had been taking lactolose to counter the effects of surgery and pain medication. I then had a dry day with no movements at all followed by 4 days of constipation where it is difficult to control the urge to stain out a clear mucus and this is increasing in urgency and flow, the pain has just woken me up! I am also very thirsty all the time and my temperature seems erratic, swinging from slight shivering to burning hot, though most of the time my temperature is fairly normal. I still get tired very quickly but need to start work again on Monday so am worried I will still be in pain, tired and squeezing out clear liquid uncontrollably whilst trying to do my job. Is this fairly normal after appendectomy or do I need to see a doctor?
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012