Had an emergency c-section. Blood transfusion done, did V and C, placenta retained. Further?

8 years ago I had an emergency c-section with my 5th child. I had started bleeding and her heart rate dropped. Recovery went great. 3 years ago, I miscarried at 14 weeks. Baby had a defect where the intestines didn t make it all the way into the belly. They believe this is way I miscarried. I miscarried on a Sunday, hospital sent me home. 6 days later I went to the bathroom and was bleeding, bad! Rushed to the hospital, ended up with a blood transfusion . Was sent home 4 days later. 5 days after being home, I started bleeding again. Rushed back to the hospital where they finally preformed a D&C saying I was bleeding because 60% of the placenta was retained. This year, on July 28th, I was 17 weeks pregnant, I started having major pressure and went to Urgent Care. They thought a UTI . After an ultrasound they found my cervix was short and dilated. I was basically stood on my head for 24 hr. Then my water broke ... there was an infection in my uterus . Baby was delivered, he was born alive but of course at just 17 weeks, he only lived for a few moments. I had to go for a D&C because the placenta would not delivery after baby. Again, I bleed during the procedure, lost over 900ml of blood and had to have another blood transfusion. My first 5 babies (4 living, 1 was born with a heart defect and passed away during open heart surgery at 6 months old) were with my ex-husband. My current husband has no biological children of his own. Although he loves my kids, we would love to have a baby together. The doctor preforming this last delivery and D&C said should we choose to have another baby make sure to let the doctors know I have a sticky placenta. They said with my past, there is a change I could bleed again and end up with a hysterectomy . I just wanted to ask another opinion.
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012