Had an ear infection without cold or allergy. Why pain and discomfort?

I had an ear infection about three weeks ago without any cold or allergy . I had spent significant amount of time in the water a few days before. We assumed that was the cause. I was on an ear drop that didn t work then had a zpack filled which immediately relieved the pain and discomfort. Since the end of my antibiotic , the ear has been much better but still wasn t 100%. Last week I caught a cold and had a good amount of congestion. Didn t change the ear much. Congestion is almost gone and still zero pain, and hearing seems to be OK, but still seems a little loose. The pressure is easily changed from popping (like in an airplane) to sniffing the pressure tight again. Neither seem to be 100% comfortable. Again, no pain, just can t seem to find the right pressure. Will this subside with the congestion, or is there still something else going on? Thanks! Alex
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
THIS IS ALLERGIC SINUSES
NOT GOT RELIEVED AND RECURED AGAIN

TAKE METROGYL 200 MGM BD
TAB MONTAIR FX BD
TAB ZINETAC 150 MGM MORNING
SYP TOSSEX 1/2 TSF NIGHT
NO STEAM
APPLY NEOSORIN H EYE OINTMENT IN NOSE
2 DROPS OF SEA WATER IN BOTH NOSTRILS AT NIGHT
3 WK'
GET XRAY DONE OF PNS AND GET TREATED
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Hi, Alex.
Thanks for query.
From your history it seems that you might be having impacted wax in your ear.
Due to wax there is recurrent infection and you may not feel 100 % comfortable even there is no infection due to impacted wax.
Consult ENT specialist and get examined.
Ok and bye.