Had an appendix surgery, now pregnant. On metronidazole. Can I continue with pregnancy?

Hello, I need an advice. A month ago I had an appendix surgery and everything went well. The problem is that after 3 weeks I found out that I m pregnant. I went to the gynecologist and it seems that I got pregnant 1 week before the surgery. After the surgery I had 2 days of antibiotics intravenously. The antibiotic is Metronidazol. Well, as I read on the internet, I understand that Metronidazol is not recommended during the first trimester of pregnancy (class D), even if new evidence suggests first trimester safety. Anyway, I asked my gynecologist about this issue and she said that it s up to me if I want to continue with the pregnancy. She advises to continue. I hope you can help me with some other opinions in this matter. Thank you. Read more: Pregnancy Q and A Forum - pregnancy and metronidazol WWW.WWWW.WW Follow us: @ehealthforums on Twitter
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013