Had an aneurysm. Has mood changes. Why are his emotions sensitive?

My husband had an aneurysm in 2007. They did the coiling procedure on him, and he is back to work and a pretty much normal life. However, the place where the coiling was done needs to be clipped because the “neck” of the aneurysm is getting wider (for four years now, he has MRI every year in order to check if that “neck” is wider. His surgeon suggested the procedure again, but he did not want to go with it. My husband is going through a lot of mood changes (we never know when he is going to lash out at one of the family members -mostly me). He does not seem to have any control of his emotions or the things that he is saying. We love him so much and we want to help him because we know how difficult everything is for him, but we do not know how. Has anybody gone through the similar situation?
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012