Had an accident with an air nailer. Removed nail. Took intravenous antibiotic. Could it be a problem in future?

Hi, just yesterday I had an accident with a air nailer, it went of while trying to reposition myself, 3 1/2" smooth shank nail. I went to the hospital and they removed it and taking an intravenous antibiotic. But my concern is what about the glue and paper on the nail, it went trough the bone, is that gonna stay in the bone and could that cause problems later on? Thank in advance for your insight.
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013
The air nailer that got inserted inside is a potent source of infection. The chances of a foreign body remaining inside are very less. Since you are taking proper antibiotics, the chances of any adverse reaction are limited.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,