Had an accident causing twitches in eye, so intense it forces eyes closed. X-ray and test normal. Is it normal?

I was in a car accident about 2 1/2 weeks ago and suffered severe whiplash. My seatbelt did NOT lock so I was thrown forward and backwards really hard. I instantly got a headache , nausea , vomiting , and dizziness . Also, according to the paramedics, had a huge knot on the back of my neck that scared them and they took me to hospital by ambulance. About a week after that I started having my right upper eye lid twitch every so often but it didnt phase me at first. A couple of days went by and it started getting worse. It was happening 20-50 times a DAY at random times and when I sneezed, coughed or bend down. Now it is doing it in my left eye as well. Sometimes the spasms are so intense it forces my eyes closed, both eyes. I just wonder if there is something wrong that the dr s missed. They did x-rays at the ER but that s it. My neurologist suggested I get an MRI or go to an ophthalmologist to be examined. I don t have any clue what this could be and frankly, it has me worried. Please your input would be greatly appreciated. All the tests came back normal as well, well for the x-rays anyways. I am also having major muscle spasms of my neck, back, and shoulders just so you know that I am having them else where. Is this something normal or should I be worried?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013