Had an accident. Stitches on forehead, swelling, puffiness. Treatment?

Hello my mother is out of country at the moment and she had an accident where she fell on the road. Got seriously injured and Drs put stitches on her forehead and upper part of nose . Although she recovered but still there is no pain around her stitches that look likes swollen . I want to ask if the stitches went wrong and why is that puffiness ?..or she needs any other kind of treatment.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013
Radiologist 's  Response
May 2014
Thanks for writing in.

Its sorry to hear that your mother fell on the road and sustained injury to forehead and nose requiring stitches.
The face and nose has rich blood supply and the injuries need time to heal. The facial puffiness may be due to this reason.

Please ask her if she has any severe headache, loss of consciousness, vomiting and disorientation. Then a CT scan head might ne necessary.

Hope this helps.