Had an accident. Disk had a bulge. Why is leg numbness and twitching still persistent?

I wa in a car accident in march of 2011 and was going to a cyropractor, a physical therapist and a pain specialist for the injuries that I obtaine from the accident. They found that my L5 /S1 disk has a bulge in it. However they were able to fix the problem somewhat with me back, they were unable to tell me why I was and still am getting leg numbness and leg twitching. These have been a constant thing since the accident. Not only is it affecting my sleep but is affecting my mood as well. What I am wanting to know is if there is anything I can do at home that will help control both of the symptoms since this is something that I will have to live with the rest of my life.
Asked On : Sat, 28 Apr 2012
Many people have disc bulges on MRI scans that do not cause symptoms. What you need to know is whether the disc bulge is pressing on a nerve that could be responsible for your symptoms. If the disc bulge is causing nerve root compression then there are a number of options to treat this from taking certain types of medication like gabapentin, to injecting area around the nerve root with local anaesthetic and steroid under CT guidance or performing a nerve root decompression or discectomy surgically.