Had an accident. Back problem. Undergoing physiotherapy. Recent Kidney analysis showed scar tissue on kidney. What do I do?

Hi I was involved in a RTA 3 yrs ago when a 44 ton lorry hit me. I have had back problems ever since and currently receiving more physio, particularly on my left side. Recently after a 2nd blood test, my GP has informed me that I am in stage 3 CKD. I have no other explanation for this, i.e. low cholesterol, low BP, I'm 42 and healthy. I also had a scan of my kidneys, liver and gallbladder in Jan 2011 approx 7 mths after my accident and was found to have gallstones. She told me at the time of the scan, that I had scar tissue on my left kidney and that it looked to be recent, she also asked if I'd had any type of infection, of which no, I had not. I never thought to mention my car accident 7 months earlier. My question is, is there a possibility that the damage I have was as a result of the car accident? How would I go about finding this out for definite, would my GP need to refer me to a nephrologist? Thank you in advance.
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013