Had an abscess drained, oozing on bandage. Normal?

Hi, I just had an abscess drained yesterday, and it was packed. He told me to take the gauze off and the packing the next day, and shower like i normally would, and recover the area with gauze. He said I didn t need to repack it. I followed his instructions. But I went to recharge the bandage before I went to bed, and I saw it that there was ooze on the bandage. I was just wondering if it was normal for it to still ooze a few days after. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
thank you for your query.
skin abscess will sometimes rupture and drain spontaneously at home without any further complications. However, in some instances, further evaluation by a health-care provider is necessary to prevent the progression and complications associated with a continuing infection. Consult a your GP if any of the following scenarios occurs with an abscess-
-change in colour of ooze

some home remedies includes-
-If the abscess is small (less than 1 cm or less than ½ inch across), applying warm compresses to the area for about 30 minutes, four times daily may help.
-Do not attempt to drain the abscess by pressing on it. This can push the infected material into the deeper tissues.
-Do not stick a needle or other sharp instrument into the abscess because it may injure an underlying blood vessel or cause the infection to spread.

thank you,
wishing you good health