Had an abortion. Red and pink, slimy discharge in vagina. Normal?

Hello, I have a question regarding an abortion I had done 3 weeks ago via medication . For the past week, I ve been having really slimy red to pink discharge , it s really gooey and sometimes it dangles from my vagina , when its on the toilet its about 3-4 cm. I went to my check up yesterday and they told me it everything Was fine, I was wondering if it really is normal?, the doctor did an ultrasound via my Vigina she said it was clean and she also told me that my period will be coming soon. Should I be concerned and visit the doctors? I have no other symptoms just light cramping if I strain my self too much.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013