Had an MRI of the lumbar spine for back pain and numbness. Suggest meaning of paracentral and foraminal disc herniation?

I had an MRI of the lumbar spine w/ out contrast because of back pain and numbness in my left foot. The results are as follows: L1-2 No pathology. At L2-3 there is loss of disc space height and posterior bulging. There is no focal herniation or central canal stenosis . At L3-4 there is modest posterior disc bulging . There is no focal herniation or central canal stenosis. At L4-5 there is posterior annular bulging. There is no focal herniation or central canal stenosis. At L5-S1 there is left paracentral and foraminal disc herniation. there is compression of the ventral surface of the thecal sac and the left exiting L5 nerve root. The impression also states modest levoscoliosis. I am a 57 year old woman with MS. I had a recent fall before the MRI. What are my options? I d rather avoid surgery if possible.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013