Had an IV inserted, knot in vein, pain in forearm. What is going on?

on october 30th I had an IV inserted at the emergency room. They took it out and I left, well a couple of days later I noticed that the vein had a knot in it, then a couple of days after noticing the knot I started to realize that my elbow didn t like to be straight, and to reach and grab with my hand caused shooting pain up my forearm , so it s getting worse to the point that when I pick things up with that hand my hand opens up and I drop whatever it was that I was holding, shaking hands with people just about kills me...what in the world did they do to me in the emergency room, I don t have any ideas and I m a phlebotomist .
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012