Had an IUD. Had it removed. Do I have hyperthyroidism? Do a pelvic Ultrasound?

I had an IUD for 3 1/2 years, removed it in March of this year. I sometimes have a cylce and sometime I don t. I went to my doctor to tell her my concerns, she told me that she wanted to do blood work since I do have hyperthyroid . She said that it was to early for me to start having normal cycle and that it took six to nine months for regular cycles. At that point she advised me that if I haven t started a normal cycle by then, in November when I return for my pap smear that she would do a d&c. Well 3 days later the Dr s office called me and told me that Dr wanted me to do a pelvic ultrasound to rule out fibroids and PCOS. please help I don t understand.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012