Had an ACL reconstruction and meniscus repair on the knee. Swelling and bruising with sharp pain. Is this normal after surgery?

I had an ACL reconstruction and meniscus repair on both sides of my knee just under 2 years ago. I have been playing sport on it the past year and a half and have had no difficulties on it. I havnt had any problems with it up until recently where it has started swelling and bruising as well as having some sharp stabbing pains through the back of my knee and some heavy aching pains throughout my knee. I was just wondering if this is normal after a certain time after surgery or if there is something wrong with my knee.
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012