Had allergy attack. Could dehydration be one of the causes for onset of allergies?

I ve not had allergies in childhood and it started in 2008 as hives which would come and after taking allergy medication would disappear in 30 min or so.. it happened like once/twice a year until 2011 andin 2011 I moved to US and it used to happen more often like 1-2 times every 2 months. Recently I had a severe attack which required emergency treatment.. While I am already consulting a Allergy Specialist and carry an EpiPen around.. I checked on the internet and read some articles around chronic dehydration being one of the causes for onset of Allergies.. is that true? could it just be that I didn t have sufficient water all these years?
Asked On : Tue, 22 May 2012