Had afebrile fits. History of cyanotic. Prescribed valaparin. Is it a breath holding spell or seizure?

Myself from chennai. I have 8 month old baby with history of breath holding spell - cyanotic, since her birth. She had afebrile fits once with twitching of lips and stretching of arms and legs. As consulted with a pediatric neurologist I am giving her valparin - 2.5 ml once daily. However the doctors say that it s a seizure and not a breath holding spell. And also I give her syrup once in 2days as I am afraid of side effects in affecting the liver. Please clarify whether its a spell or seizure? And what I am doing s rite? Because again she had the same episode of twitching after a beak of 45 days
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013