Had acl replaced in knee and torn cartilage removed, small protrusion under the knee cap, swollen stiff joint. What is this ?

I am a 42 year old female & was a professional athlete in my 20 s. Four months ago I had my acl replaced in my knee and remaining torn carliledge removed. I was doing fine and following my rehab . Out of the blue, with no over exertion I developed a small protrusion under the knee cap where there was a skrew. I also have a black and blue behind my knee directly behind the front. It is not painful, but feels stiff and slightly swollen with tighness in the joint . Can you please give me your opinion as to what this is?
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012