Had accident previously. Now having, numbness, tingling in limbs, pain in the hips. Suggestions?

I was in an automobile accident years ago and suffered whiplash injuries. Now, nearly 20 years later I ve been experiencing more and more problems, aside from the rude awakening in the middle of the night because arms and legs are numb and starts tingling so much it wakes me up. If I sit for long periods of time, my hip causes severe pain, so much pain it makes me sick. To make matters worse, if I sit too long in any position my legs go numb and I can t stand up without stopping first to allow circulation back into my legs so that I can feel my feet and walk without falling down. Is there a therapy or surgical procedure available to improve this condition?
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012