Had accident previously. Now, having lump, swelling in the wrist. Pain radiating to upper arm. Suggestions?

Hello, I tripped in my daughter s room last night, almost 24 hours ago. It was pitch black and I broke my fall by landing palms down on hardwood floors. My left palm has a bruise that runs from the wrist to the bottom of the thumb . It is sore, but okay. My concern is my right hand. In 1993 I was involved in a car accident and my right wrist ended up with TFCC. Doctors at the time never heard of it (I was in a very small town) and they wanted to treat it with surgery used for Carpel Tunnel Syndrome . I refused. My hand has never been the same, of course! Okay, back to my problem today! Since the fall, my left hand hurt worse last night, but just feels bruised today. My right hand, now has a lump with bruising and swelling from my wrist to the bottom of my thumb. My thumb is swollen about 1 1/2 times bigger as the left thumb. I can still move it, but it causes pain radiating all the way to my upper arm. Sharp, shooting pains. I have a very high pain tolerance , so I don t know if I should waste my time getting an xray or not. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013