Had accident, causing blood in stools. Pain in right side stomach and passing stools. Cause for the problem?

Had a rollover auto accident a year and a half ago and since day one I have had blood in my stools (bright red) but it s a lot of blood, it fills the whole toilet after I go. I get pains in my right side of stomach that changes to my left side. Sometimes it even hurts just to go poop. It should be gone by now, it s been almost 2 years since accident. Should I be worrying? What are some possible related terms/names I can look up for more info about it?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013