Had accident. On physiotherapy. Terrible pain. Am being force to work by the department. Suggestions?

hi, today I just have a meeting with occupational health regarding my recovery after an accident at work. I am not fit yet to go back to work, my GP and my physiotherapist believe that I am not ready. However, the occupational health told me that their opinion doesn t matter, she believe that I should be back to work regardless my pain and physio. I feel very angry about this because I am in terrible pain. What can I do?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013
Dec 2012
Hello Sanda,

Thanks for posting,
I do not know about the laws in your country regarding doctor's opinion and their patient's health, but a doctor's opinion is highly respected and put into consideration by all employers. So, if your doctor and physiotherapist feel that your are not ready, then you are not ready and you need a report from your doctor to certify that. If after that, your occupational health or employer wishes to insist on you getting back to work regardless of your pain and incapacity, then you have the right to use your medical records and file a complaint against your occupational health or better still first of all present the issue to your employer for further consideration.
I believe that your issue is purely medico-legal and you can only ask a doctor's opinion when it comes to your health.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.