Had abdominal pain, black stool. Thirsty. Ultrasound normal, fasting blood sugar 295. Diabetic episode?

4/11/13 -- I just learned today my blood sugar is at 295. I had blood work and abdominal ultrasound done yesterday and the day before because I have been having severe stomach pain since last Saturday. I noticed black in stool on Saturday and Sunday past. However, normal stool since. Today is first day I am pain free. The clinic I went to didn't have a doctor available so I saw a PA. :( All results of blood work and abdominal ultrasound came back normal except for my blood sugar levels which was a fasting level. (I know they checked for anemia and infection as well in blood tests) Today, I attempted to followup with a doctor because of the high blood sugar levels and to find out if any other tests should be done because of the pain I was having and they said they can't get me in to see an actual doctor until late next week. Should I be worried about some sort of dangerous diabetic episode? I've also been very thirsty lately and find myself guzzling water. Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013