Had abdominal CT for pain. Have free fluid in ovary. Cause?

I had an abdominal CT today for pain. The doctor originally thought it was possibly reoccurring kidney stones . The scan showed no evidence of stones. I also had a lap done about 6 weeks ago for severe right sided pelvic pain and had several cysts vaporized on my only ovary. The CT from today said I didn t have any cysts, but there is a bunch of free fluid around the ovary. What causes the fluid and can the fluid be causing the pain?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013
As per your letter,you may be probably having Polycystic ovarian disease on right side.But,pain due to it is rare.An Ovarian cyst can rotate along its own axis(Torsion) and may cause pain,but this complication is rare in Polycystic disease.
As your cysts were dealt through laparoscopy,nothing to worry.
But the fluid that is present may be Reactionary fluid due to the procedure or it may collected fluid after the cysts rupture.Pain may not be due to fluid.
It will be absorbed in course of time.
If you had previous history of kidney stones,get IVP(Intra venous pyelogram) done by the advice of Urologist even though CT is normal for stones.
Wish you good health