Had abcess drained, packed. On antibiotics. Removing the packing risk healing time?

i had an abscess drained and packed on saturday. packing changed on sunday, monday and this morning (wednesday). i m afraid the packing is prolonging healing and if I can maintain the opening to allow from healing to go from inside out while on a 10 day regimen of antibiotics , can i remove the packing and will i risk a longer healing time or re-infection? doc says i can remove it myself friday morning, and they keep saying the draining will subside, but hasn t really. what do i do?! frustrated.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013
Diabetologist 's  Response
DEAR SIR/MADAM

SOME TIMES DISCHARGE WILL BE PRESENT EVEN AFTER LONG TIME OF ABCESS DRAINAGE.
LOOK WHETHER IS IT SEROUS DISCHARGE OR PURULENT. SINCE YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR ANTIBIOTIC REGIMENT COMPLETELY, DONT WORRY UNLESS THE MICROBES IN THE ABCESS DEVELOP RESISTANCE TO THE ANTIBIOTICS AND MAKING IT NON RESPONSIVE TO THE TREATMENT.
CONSIDER GETTING PUS CULTURE AND SENSITIVITY TEST DONE .
SUPER INFECTION IS ONE OF THE MOST COMMON PROBLEMS, KEEP THE DRESSING MATERIAL STERILE AND TAKE MEDICATIONS PROPERLY.

THANKS