Had a vasectomy. Pregnancy result came positive much later. Bled heavy clots later. Miscarriage?

Hello, My husband had a vesectomy 3 1/2 years ago after our last child. In July I was a week late and took a test it came out a slight positive!!! I took another test right after and the same thing!! So I decided to wait till the next morning and that one came back NEGATIVE! Within a week from the positive I stated bleeding really heavy with clots and it was like heavy and light off and on for about a week ..I also had severe cramping...was this a miscarriage??
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012