Had a triple bypass surgery. Had diabetes. Why have legs discolored?

My mother-in-law is 81, she had a triple bypass surgery in 2002 and since has diabetes as well. Broke he hips once when she fell, since been using a cane to move around. I ve noticed in the last 2 weeks her walking is different, she is leaning more on wall support or on sofa. Her legs and feet have become discolored and swollen, just yesterday her breathing is more heavier. We will see doctor tomorrow, she is very weak. Is this a sign of congestive heart failure? Will she end up in hospital?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012