Had a trip. Stared getting headache, swollen feet and throbbing sensation. Looking for advice?

At this moment my 19 yr old daughter is in the greek islands , for the last 20 days she has been traveling thru Germany , Spain and now is on the last leg 10 days going to 4 islands, she complained of headaches and has got swallen feet and there throbing , is there any advice you can give me , they go down at night but come morning with only a little time there swallen again?????
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

I have noted your daughter's symptoms and am sure she is having a good time in Greek Islands.

Regarding her throbbing headache, most likely they are because of migraines. Migraines can get aggravated in sunlight, with lack of sleep or with eating food late. These may happen during a travel.

Regarifng swelling of feet, I would not worry, as it could just be because of prolonged walking or sitting in a vehicle.

For headaches, she could use ibuprofen or diclofenac tablets for pain relief.

I hope it helps.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist