Had a tricuspid valve repair. Why did she suffer cardiac arrest? Why seizures?

My niece had a tricuspid valve repair approximately one week ago. She was doing well and had been moved out of ICU. She suffered a cardiac arrest early Monday morning. The doctors are telling us she had prolonged down time of 25 minutes or more. They re in the process of evaluating her brain function. EEG showed almost constant seizure activity, which they re managing with medications . I thought after 6 minutes without oxygen , your organs would shut down. Her heart, kidney and other vital organs seem to be functioning properly but of course she has suffered from lack of oxygen to the brain. Does 25 minutes sound possible?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012