Had a total hysterectomy done. Having pain during sex. Prescribed premarin vaginal cream. Sore and painful labia. What to do?

I ve been having pain with sex for the past few months. I m 59 and had a Total Hysterectomy 14 years ago. I took Premarin for 6 years but stopped about 8 yrs ago. I was recently prescribed premarin vaginal cream (4 days ago) by a nurse practitioner after I complained of pain with sex and assumed I was having vaginal atrophy . I noticed today that my right labia is much smaller, is painful and seems to have a sore on the deminished portion. I am not sure that i didn t already have this condition, I find it hard to believe this happened in 4 days(and just didn t notice it). I ve had a single sexual partner for 12 yrs. What is going on and what do you suggest I do?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jun 2012