Had a surgery for neck spinal stenosis. Treated for pulmonary embolism. On warfarin. Have excessive sweating in the night. Causes?

MY HUSBAND HAD NECK SPINAL STENOSIS SURGERY AND IT WAS SUCCESSFUL. HOWEVER, HE HAD TO BE TREATED 2 DAYS LATER FOR A PULMINARY EMBOLISM AND IS ON WARFARIN 3 MG FOR 3 MONTHS. HE IS RECOVERING FINE BUT NOTES ABOUT 2 NIGHTS A WEEK HE WAKES UP WITH SWEATING ON HIS CHEST AND NECK AND THERE IS A LOT OF IT! WHAT IS CAUSING THIS? THE NEURO SURGEON HAS NO RESPONSE - DOES NOT KNOW! PLEASE ADVISE! THANK YOU. MY HUSBAND IS 60 YEARS OLD AND IN GREAT PHYSICAL SHAPE AND NOT OVERWEIGHT .
Asked On : Tue, 4 Sep 2012