Had a subtotal colectomy and resection of small bowel due to perf. Chances of recurrence? Shape of abdomen changed due to incision

I have had a subtotal collectomy, then a resection of about 10 inches of small bowell following a perf. The last surgery which was the small bowell left me on TPN for 7 months with an open incision about 8 inches long. It was completed and I was taken off the tpn, a little over a year ago. Due to the incision, the shape of my abdomen has never fully returned to pre-op condition ( flat visible rectus abdominus). They are still visible, but are now domed. Lately however, I seem to be more distended, and have a pain in the upper right quadrant, right at the ribcage. Im sort of worried about another perf. Any thoughts?
Asked On : Sun, 27 May 2012