Had a stroke. Heart surgery. On trachesotomised peg tube feeding, glucerna. Help?

Hi I need a neurologist to answer my question. Two months back my father underwent an open heart surgery while he was unconscious on ventilator and suffered a stroke. It is bilateral with right side smaller infarct than left side. At two months he is semi-conscious, opens his eyes and looks at us, seems to listen, . He has been discharged and is being managed at home. He has also undergone pleural fluid aspiration three times till now. I wish to know is we can give any nutritional supplements like Omega 3 fatty acid and Acetyl L-carnitine, etc which can help boost blood supply to brain. Could you guide me if there are any known supplements that can help to improve his condition and if these are safe for him. He is also diabetic. We are giving him Glucerna SR diabetic powder along with small home feeds like soup, egg nog, etc. Also please let me know how I can procure these supplements in India and what should be the dose.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013