Had a stroke. Having pains, burning, tingling in body. Reason?

My husband had a stroke 2 1/2 years ago. He was able to get thru p.t. fine but about three months later, has been in major pain. Burning, tingling on the right side of his body but mainly his arm and side. He s been to the Mayo Clinic, has seen a couple of pain specialists who mainly give him meds that haven t worked (in fact he saw his doctor yesterday who said that he will give him one more med and then apparently if this doesn t work, will probably release him because he has no more med options). He s tried accupuncture (granted only twice and said it wasn t doing any good), has had massage thereapy. Any ideas?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013