Had a stapling procedure for bleeding hemorrhoid. Pain while passing stool. Lactifiber prescribed. Urge for bowel movements during urination. Why?

My husband underwent the stapling procedure for bleeding hemorrhoid a week back. The procedure was conducted under spinal anasthesia. He is back at work but has pain after passing stool though the wounds have healed. He was advised to take Lactifiber ( lactiol monohydrate& ispaghula husk granules) for two weeks apart from the antibiotic & painkiller the dosage for which was for a week. The problem he is facing right now is that whenever he has the urge to pass urine he also feels the pressure to defecate and has to pass stool immediately. I would like to know if this problem will persist or stop if the laxative is stopped. Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013