Had a spinal cord surgery, unable to open eyes, heart rate dropped, twitching in neck, 76 yrs old. Any thoughts ?

My dad is 76 years old and suffered a spinal cord injury c3/c4 2 weeks ago. In Mass General at the moment. Post-op cat scan looks great and no swelling or hematoma . One of our concerns is his eyes. He doesn t want to open them and has just started in the last day to try and does so for only seconds at a time. He cannot communicate because he is on a vent. He was perfectly healthy and fit prior to injury. He fell out of bed and hit his head hard on the left side of his forehead . He seems to be paralyzed from the neck down although his legs were moving before surgery to stabilize his neck. He was given a small dose of seraquel about a week ago and within half an hour heart rate dropped dramatically and his neck started twitching and he was making awful faces. I blamed the drug and would not allow the nurse to administer it again. But, now the eye thing that had also started after the serequel has not subsided like the twitching which has totally stopped. Any thoughts?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013