Had a small spot or infraction on lung. Should I go for X-ray or blood test first?

Today, my doctor informed me that i had a small spot or infraction on my lung , and that the radiologist had sent a report saying this, and wrote that i should have a follow-up x-ray ..but my doctor said he needed blood tests first.. should i be concerned? I smoke , and i m 62 yr old (female).. i don t understand why my doctor won t treat me right away, considering the x-ray doctor advised him to.. what am I missing? What should I be aware of, and do you have any advice? Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013