Had a seizure, came off gabapenton incorrectly. Taking dilantin, keppra. MRI, EEG done, weaned off keppra. Dosage of medication?

Good Day, I had a seizure on Sept 15, 2011 from coming off Gabapenton incorrectly, I have been taking Dilantin and now Keppra and after finding normal EEG/ MRI , I aam being weaned off of Keppra..I take 1500mg, 6 pills a day, Dr. wants me to cut down 500mgs daily for 14 days an then another 500mg the snd 14 days and then cold turkey after that with 500mg to go...How does this sound confused yet???? I am worried because after going off of 250mg gabapenton a day it seems a bit rushed with 500mg of keppra to go cold turkey after that... Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012