Had a retinal detachment surgery. Inserted silicon oil in the eye. Faded lens due to oil. Lens replacement suggested. Is this correct treatment?

HI - I have undergone a retinal detachment surgery some 8 months back. dr. has Inserted silicon oil in my eye... I am operated on my left eye. All these past months..Dr. used to tell us that after we withdrew the oil.. you shall get back to normalcy ... But now he is saying that your lance is faded due to oil in the eye and we MAY have to remove your natural lance... and after 6 months from the surgery (oil withdrawal surgery) we may insert a artificial lance. How far is this correct?
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012