Had a prednisone injection in the shoulder after having a rotator cuff injury. Pain and stiffness in the shoulder and neck, headache

Hi, I am a 55 yr old female. I have a bone spur in my shoulder and rotator cuff injury from a fall before thanksgiving. Fours days ago I had the shoulder injected with prednisone . I have not noticed any beneficial effects yet. My shoulder hurts a lot but my question relates to my neck. This am I woke up with an extremely stiff neck . Oddly, side to side movements are not a problem but even a slight chin to chest movement is very painful. I have a slight headache and no fever. What do you think is going on? The neck has worsened as the day has progressed. I have been applying heat.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013