Had a plate on the ulna. Discomfort and fixation. Xray reports showed nothing unusual. Any idea?

5-6 years ago I had a plate put on my ulna (and 6 screws) after a fracture, I have experienced discomfort the entire time but in the last month it has been very bad to to point I can't use my hand breifly. My xrays show nothing unusual apart from build of bone next to the metal. I was advised I could have it removed but it may cause other problems... I've had enough of the pain.. Any insight of the path I should take or management?
Kind regards Amanda
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013