Had a partial Laparoscopic nephectomy. Swelling in the incision spot. Pain while exerting. Need medical attention?

Hi.I am a 29 year old female and 3 years ago I had a Partial Laparoscopic Nephrectomy . The biggest incission (about 3cm) was made on my abdomen , about 4 inches above my navel. Since the surgery the area where the incission is sometimes gets swollen but nothing serious. A few days ago I started doing abdominal exercises and since then I have had a pain in my upper abdomial area that pain killers have not been able to eliminate. Sometimes I also feel the pain rising up to my chest to the point even by breasts hurt. Just coming back from the supermarket I noticed that if I carry anything heavy the pain intensifies. What could this possibly be and should I seek medical attention which is something I am avoiding because I don t have insurance. Thank You.
Asked On : Sat, 7 Jul 2012