Had a miscarriage. What can be the cause? Can I have a healthy pregnancy?

hi doc, i am 34 years old. i had a miscarriage last week, i am a mother of 8 years old daughter and was trying to conceive since last 3 years. I had my last menstrual cycle on June 24 and was detected pregnant..but an early ultrasound on Aug 20, showed just a sac like structure and no fetal pole visualized clearly...after that i had miscarriage on Aug 22 and a D&C was performed. What was the cause? and can I again try to conceive and if i conceive is there any further chances of miscarriage. When should i try to conceive and can i have a healthy pregnancy?
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012