Had a miscarriage. Suffered urinary tract infections and yeast infections. Any suggestions?

In 2011 I had a miscarriage , I did not attempt to conceive again afterward, and about 6 months later I had Mirena placed for birth control . My problem is that ever since having the miscarriage, prior to even having Mirena inserted, I have experienced chronic yeast infections and urinary tract infections . My gynecologist seems to think it is unrelated to anything gynecological or the miscarriage I suffered, but I have never had issues like this prior to my miscarriage. Could my hormones have changed somehow or could I have something else going on from a gynecological aspect that is making me feel not normal in the area of my vagina?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013