Had a miscarriage, HCG levels are rising. Am I pregnant again?

i found out i was pregnant New years eve, later that week i began to lose the pregnancy. that following monday it was confirmed by ultra sound . i had my hcg level checked that evening 1/7/13 and they were 3187 now 1/21/13 they are 16,214. i have had sex multiple times when i was not bleeding since the loss began i was told that was ok. is it possible i got pregnant again and thats why my levels are rising? or are they simply rising because there may still be parts of the placenta still left to come out?
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013