Had a laproscopic hysterectomy, stitches ripped during vaginal examination. Is it severe ?

My daughter had a laparoscopic hysterectomy without ovary removal two weeks ago and she s telling me her doctor on her follow up visit did a vaginal exam and she told me that the doctor told her she had ripped some of her stitches and to be on bed rest for two days followed by four weeks of not being able to do anything including taking care of her two kids. Wouldn t they have done an ultrasound or something else if it was this severe?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013