Had a knee revision, then an infection. Experiencing extreme itching in the lower part of the scar. Should I be concerned about this?

I had a knee revision in August 2012 three years after the first one as the lower implant was moving, within weeks of having this done I was admitted to hospital wih an infection (extreme itching and redness around scar) this was treated sucessfully in three days with antibiotics. In October 2012 when I had my checkup it was discovered that the perneal nerve was tapped and I am going into hospital tomorrow to have the nerve decompressed however the last two days I have experienced extreme itching in the lower part of the scar where a bone graft (pig) was put in but the left side of my leg is numb so this is a very strange scenario. Should I be concerned about this - the itching is driving me insane.

thank you

Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013